The Wilderness Journey in Tel Aviv

13 Tishrei 5778
October 3, 2017
Tuesday Arrival 

Princess Diaries: 
The first day we arrived in Tel Aviv was hectic because the moment I stepped into this country, the journey in the Wilderness of Tel Aviv started. When we got down on the plane, the line passing immigration was long and it took more time for us with the immigration officer than with others and I don't know why. It seemed the officer were reading some notes tagged about us before she let us pass through. I wonder if she read there that I had  2 Jewish Ex, both of them from Israel, and that my parents and I were here before 5 years ago for business and tour. Anyway, we went out of immigration without too much questions than the first time we came on 2012 we were really asked a lot of things. We bought our local sim and had our money changed. We rode the train and then the taxi to what I thought was our Apartment in Tel Aviv but the Agency that we booked with would not answer my calls until after 2 hours of our check in time which was already 2pm. My parents and I had no lunch yet, we were tired and hungry. I was pressured, I was about to cancel this booking with Agoda because Agoda says the agency weren't also answering their call. But then I, tried with my last strength, brought myself to ask help from the hotel where we were and the woman contacted the Agency for me and she was able to get through! They answered her call even though I was never expecting to be able to go to the place where I booked my parents and I in the first place. I already gave up with Tel Aviving Apartments and the moment that I decided to give up was the moment GOD decides to give us help. Wow! Why?! And it was so hard getting to the place where our Apartment was, I had to go to the office where I need to check in and then go back by foot to where my parents were waiting for me. During this long walk to and fro the Agency's office, I was about to complain and I already started to saying "O GOD, why are you punishing me? I trusted You to take care of us, but I'm being chastised by long walks... but then I remember how GOD was angry with the Israelite because of how they complained to Moses when they couldn't adjust to food and lifestyle changes in their wilderness journey and before I could continue I stopped myself from complaining for fear that GOD would be angry at me... How could I complain? When I have been asking GOD for this! How could I make something like a long walk a kind of suffering? I can't be like the Israelites in Israel! I have to be better than they were, I want to please GOD. We rode the Sherut going to the Apartment and I let my parents have lunch while I finished my business at the Agency's office and then come back to my parents eating fast and then going to the Apartment with Dad with the bags because my Mom was already so tired and we didn't want her to be uncomfortable because she would not adjust to difficulties in the travel, she would complain every time it became tiring and I would feel the pressure. At last we arrived at our Apartment and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thank GOD for bringing us safely here. What a long day it has been, and we end up just eating and sleeping early instead of following my itinerary of having a beach walk today.



ODB: Isaiah 17-19, Ephesians 5:17-32

EPHESIANS 5
Marriage reminders for me to submit and respect my husband!
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.


Abba, thank You for this Word of Promise, assurance and Confirmation that indeed this year I will marry the man You have chosen for me. Because of this Word You gave me in the plane, I believe Lord Indeed on this trip that I will meet my husband and You will seal Promise You gave with a physical miracle that's going to take place on this trip. Forgive me Lord for complaining about the long walk, wandering in the wilderness of Tel Aviv just trying to find the place we have booked online that has deceived us. But I pray that You will pay back the company that has tricked us Lord, deal with our oppressors and enemies. I don't have the energy to complain today. 


DRM: Zechariah 8:20-23
Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men of every nationality, speaking different tongues, shall take hold, yes, take hold of every Jew by the edge of his garment and say,
"Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."
This was just what I received from You while watching Daystar at the apartment we are renting in Tel Aviv. I woke up from sleep and I listened to an evangelist preach and the gospel that was preached was about the woman who got healed from her 12 years of blood issue and GOD's word that came to me was this word in Zechariah that I find also in today's reading at the daily roman missal. Living in this world is like groping around in the darkness and GOD's word is my only Light to guide my path! The WORD of GOD gives me life!
Psalm 87 GOD's first Promise to me regarding my Israeli husband!!!
R. (Zec 8:23) God is with us.
His foundation upon the holy mountains the LORD loves: The gates of Zion, more than any dwelling of Jacob.Glorious things are said of you, O city of God!
R. God is with us.
I tell of Egypt and Babylon among those that know the LORD; Of Philistia, Tyre, Ethiopia:
"This man was born there." And of Zion they shall say: "One and all were born in her;
And he who has established her is the Most High LORD."
R. God is with us.
They shall note, when the peoples are enrolled:"This man was born there." And all shall sing, in their festive dance: "My home is within you."
R. God is with us.



Chabbad: Parshat Vezot Hab'rachah

Deuteronomy 33: 13-17 About Joseph he said: “May the Lord bless his land with the precious dew from heaven above and with the deep waters that lie below; 14 with the best the sun brings forth and the finest the moon can yield; 15 with the choicest gifts of the ancient mountains and the fruitfulness of the everlasting hills; 16 with the best gifts of the earth and its fullness and the favor of him who dwelt in the burning bush. Let all these rest on the head of Joseph, on the brow of the prince among his brothers. 17 In majesty he is like a firstborn bull; his horns are the horns of a wild ox. With them he will gore the nations,
even those at the ends of the earth. Such are the ten thousands of Ephraim; such are the thousands of Manasseh.”


Tehillim - Psalms Chapters 69-71

Psalm 69: 6 Lord, the Lord Almighty, may those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me.
7 For I endure scorn for your sake, and shame covers my face.
8 I am a foreigner to my own family, a stranger to my own mother’s children;
9 for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.
29 But as for me, afflicted and in pain— may your salvation, God, protect me.
30I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
31 This will please the Lord more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hooves.
32 The poor will see and be glad— you who seek God, may your hearts live!
33 The Lord hears the needy and does not despise his captive people.
34 Let heaven and earth praise him, the seas and all that move in them,
35 for God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah. 

Then people will settle there and possess it;
36 the children of his servants will inherit it, and those who love his name will dwell there.



Dear Abba,
I have a dream, I have a wishful thinking as I read Your Tehillim. I see and I love what I see, I want what I see, that I am dancing with the One whom my soul loves. We will spend the  rest of our free days dancing for love, dancing for You, dancing just because we love to.

Psalm 70:4 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The Lord is great!”
5 But as for me, I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; Lord, do not delay.

Psalm 71:1 In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.
2 In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me; turn your ear to me and save me.
5 For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.
6 From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
I will ever praise you. 7 I have become a sign to many; you are my strong refuge.
8 My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.
14 As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long— though I know not how to relate them all. 16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone. 17 Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18 Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.
19 Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens, you who have done great things.
Who is like you, God? 20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.
21 You will increase my honor and comfort me once more. 22 I will praise you with the harpfor your faithfulness, my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel. 23 My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you— I whom you have delivered.


Abba,
My husband and I, we will praise You not just with our voices or our songs, but we will praise You with our dance, with our hands, with our bodies, with everything we do, not in a "religious or conventional" way, we will praise You our way! That even the sinners will be drawn to this honest and pure light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List 2018

Home Bound

Awakened from Short Sleep